A recent survey conducted by Vicki Renz of ‘Oh My Mama Body’, a platform supporting pregnancy, postpartum and miscarriage topics, has revealed that 90% of pregnant women are anxious about pain and being unable to be supported by a birth partner due to COVID-19.
The survey was conducted on ‘Mama Time’, the free weekly webinar which strives for the wellbeing of pregnant women and new mums in a time of isolation.
- 90% of women participating in the webinar agreed that their biggest fear is suffering pain during birth without their partner to support them. The current policies for birth partner attendance in the UK vary from hospital to hospital.
- 80% of questions covered by the Mama Time Midwives concerned relieving pain naturally during birth. Women are feeling anxious that their partner may miss the birth altogether and that they may not cope alone.
Due to popular demand, the Mama Time Midwives have expanded the subjects they cover on their webinars and videos to include:
- Reducing the pain of birth; techniques to increase Oxytocin, birthing positions, birth plans, birthing options
- Pre/Post Natal Fitness at home
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Back Pain care and prevention
- Breathing and Relaxation techniques
When asked about the webinar and YouTube channel, Vicki said, “I became acutely aware that women get more stressed when they cannot find the answers to their questions quickly. With the increased pressure from the stress of the “second wave”, I realised it was time to find a solution by providing women with a platform to ask their questions directly.”
She continued “all women deserve to enjoy pregnancy, birth and postpartum. It is increasingly important to create a positive experience, especially with so many women suffering from anxiety and postnatal depression.” By removing fears during pregnancy and birth, Vicki believes she can help many women to reduce stress and anxiety and to feel happy in themselves.
Vicki’s “Oh My Mama Body” YouTube channel is growing fast and counts well over 3000 subscribers. Her video “12 Little Known Very Early Pregnancy Symptoms” hit 250,000 views in June. In response to hundreds of comments, Vicki produced a related video “Homemade Pregnancy Tests” which grew to over 10,000 views.
Feedback from women such as “finally an authentic channel which gives clear and concise information”, inspired Vicki to grow the Oh My Mama Body platform. As an online expert, Vicki created the platform, in the form of webinars and related Facebook groups. The platform uses her own knowledge and experiences and is supported by qualified professionals.
Vicki has already had hundreds of people sign up to the Mama Matters webinar, a popular choice for pregnant women during a pandemic. Mama Time is one of the many components of the new platform “Oh My Mama Body” which Vicki has been working hard to put into place. This new platform has an authentic approach to supporting women in all areas of bodily changes during pregnancy, postpartum and miscarriage and has 1000s of followers and fans.
Oh My Mama Body cares about each and every woman, nurturing them and guiding them to feel positive and empowered in their individual journeys to motherhood.
Sign up for the free webinars here: